Years ago my child attended a Christian preschool and came home with this question, "Are you a godly wife, mama?" When she asked me this question I had a good laugh and kept it moving. Fast forward 5 years. In hindsight I wish I had stopped to truly reflect on her question. If I had to be honest with myself the answer was "nope. I am not a godly wife." I was a good wife but not a godly wife. Now, Proverbs 31 is something that I actively try to attain... most days. So here are a few questions to help you move a bit closer to Godly Wife status...
1. Can you tell your husband the truth? Can you be honest with him?
2. If your husband came home and said "we are downsizing our lifestyle so that I can pursue the vision that God gave me," would you start packing up the family? Can you follow his leadership and trust him as head of the household?
3. Is your body a place of rest and restoration? This goes beyond just having a great sex life. Can your husband rest when he is home with you?
4. Can you really shut up and let an argument go? Can you? This is the one that most wives have a problem with - including me.
5. Do you encourage your husband to reach even higher than he thought he could? Do you see greatness over your husband life? Do you encourage him to think well of himself?
6. Are you your husband's biggest supporter or greatest obstacle? When he comes to you with a plan, do you cheer him on or do you tell him why it won't work? Can he share his dreams with you?